2020-21 CLASSROOM ENRICHMENT GRANT CYCLE
The Kent Schools Foundation provides grants that directly benefit Kent School District students. The purpose of the Classroom Enrichment Grant initiative is to fund projects such as art, music, STEM, reading, field trips, social/emotional programs, and unique experiences that enrich student learning in the classroom. Grants help teachers amplify, support, and reinforce their daily curriculum with innovative projects that reach students at their level.
Grant awards are typically $500 or less for each application. In limited circumstances, the Foundation may award a grant greater than $500. Applications requesting $500, or less, will be evaluated prior to those which are greater than $500. Each grant application requires approval from the schools’ principal. Applications must be submitted through the Foundation’s grant email address: email@example.com.
All educators of the Kent School District are eligible and encouraged to apply for grants.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS 5:00 P.M. January 29, 2021
Each grant proposal will be evaluated based on criteria which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Innovative and educational nature – including student support
- Realistic and achievable goals
- Initial and ongoing benefit to students
- Collaborative effort of two or more teachers. Priority will be given to projects that involve students across a grade level (elementary school) or course level (middle/high school) or between schools.
- Reasonable budget
- Number of students impacted
- Clarity – applications can be typed or handwritten. Please be clear and concise to help the Committee understand the value of your project.
- Whether the proposal has other resources or funding available for the grant application (i.e. PTSA/PTO, district, service club, etc.).
- Whether your grant can be partially funded and still achieve the goals of the grant.
The criteria have no significance as to their relative importance in the order indicated to the weight given to each. They are all important.
Questions to consider when completing your application:
- How will your project compliment your current classroom curriculum?
- Will you or your school be able to reuse the materials you receive from this grant?
- How will your project benefit student learning?
- What will be the short term and long term results of your project? Is this a program that once funded, can be repeated in years to come?
- The school principal must approve and sign your grant application.
- Teacher salary or release time (subs)
- General school materials or supplies not tied to larger grant request theme
- Snacks or meals
- Incentives or rewards
- Computer-related items and software not supported by KSD technology
Reporting Requirements: By accepting Kent Schools Foundation funds, you agree to acknowledge funding and submit a Project Report (available on the Foundation website).
How to Apply:
The Grant Application form is short, easy to complete and included below. You must submit your application by the deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure your Principal approves your application
- Late applications will not be considered
Who Is Eligible?
Any Educator of the Kent School District is encouraged to apply for a grant: Teachers, specialists, counselors and principals in the Kent School District
Ownership of Materials or Equipment Acquired With a Grant:
The materials or equipment acquired with a grant are intended to benefit the students of the Kent School District and shall be retained within the District. Materials or equipment acquired with a grant may be shared by educators within the District and may be transferred between schools, subject to the approval of the Principals involved. The Foundation shall be advised by the Principal(s) when any materials or equipment are transferred or shared between schools.
Applications due by: 5:00 p.m. January 29, 2021
Grants announced by: February 14, 2021
Past Classroom Grant Recipients
- Covington Elementary
- Scenic Hill Elementary
- Daniel Elementary
- Emerald Park Elementary
- Ridgewood Elementary
- Glenridge Elementary
- Grass Lake Elementary
- Horizon Elementary
- Jenkins Creek Elementary
- Lake Youngs Elementary
- Martin Sortun Elementary
- Meadow Ridge Elementary
- Meridian Elementary
- Sawyer Woods Elementary
- Carriage Crest Elementary
- Millennium Elementary
- Neely O-Brien Elementary
- Park Orchard Elementary
- Pine Tree Elementary
- Soos Creek Elementary
- Sunrise Elementary
- Kent Valley Early Learning Center
- Meeker Middle School
- Mattson Middle School
- Mill Creek Middle School
- Kentridge High School